Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Two Families...Two Decades

A little off SCOM 353's topic, but relevant to the Presidential election...

Through conversation with a friend, it was brought to my attention, if Senator Clinton is elected President for the 2008 election, two families will have "ruled/lead" our nation for a little over two decades: 1989 former President Bush Senior, former President Clinton, President Bush, and possibly 2008-2012 Senator Clinton. 
 
A Democracy, gives power to the people, whether directly or through elected representatives. While this is true, these individuals are in fact elected representatives/offices, it is hard to ignore the fact that the elite and the well-financed tend to succeed in the game of politics.  

I wonder, besides "New Media Campaign Strategies," what else is out there enabling the candidate with the smaller war chest? I think it is worth reflecting on how and why two families could have the power and capability to influence our nation so profoundly. 

I am aware that Senator Clinton has not claimed victory yet; however, she is a leading Democratic candidate and I think she is worth thinking about. 





No comments: